07:00:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2017 Interview with Radion6

Your Name: Radion6
Your location(country,city): Netherlands

Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2017?
Radion6: I think this will be the A State Of Trance gig for me! A sign to me that I’m on the right path. I had so many nice reactions from people after the gig, this is what you work so hard for!
Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest personal life achievements in 2017 that make you extremely proud?
Radion6: When I decided to accept a project for a social working space to help people who have a distance to the job market and develop new business for them, so they have a job that fits them! This also gives me a good feeling, to do something that I like and give to other people.
1) Best Track from other artists:
Cygnus X – Super String (Rank 1 Remix)



4 Strings – Take Me Away



Armin van Buuren – Shivers



Tiësto –Lethal Industry



Chicane – Saltwater, Just to name a few classics that inspired us all



2) Your top 3 2017 personal productions
1. A State of Mind



2. Sonorous



3. World Of Tomorrow



3) Best Artist (Dj & producer):
Eric Prydz



4) Best Remix from other artist:
Delerium - Silence ft. Sarah McLachlan (Tiesto Mix)

5) Best Remix that you have produced?
Difficult to choose:  I like the Assaf feat. Nathan Nicholson - Lost Souls remix that I’ve made but I’m also proud of the Marco V -  Simulated remix as it became an official remix.





6) Best Remixer:
Jerome Isma-Ae



7) Best New Talent (Dj or producer):
Davey Asprey




8) Best Electronic Music Album:
Ferry Corsten - Blueprint



9) Best Electronic Music Compilation:
A State Of Trance 2017



10) Best artwork/cover of an Album or Compilation:
Purple Haze – Spectrvm (I don’t look much at artwork but saw this one and liked it)



11) Best Lyrics in an Electronic Music track (it can be your production or from other artists)
I like the Lyrics on 'Beautiful Nothing' with Katty Heath, this track described the situation we were in at that moment for both of us.



12) Best Vocalist/Singer featured on Electronic Music track:
I like the vocals of Emma Hewitt and Chloe and Haliene.







13) Best Electronic Music Label:
For me at the moment it will be Armada.



14) Best Electronic Music Video:
Daftpunk Around the world :P

15) Best Online Social media for communication with your fans:
I like Facebook and Twitter to stay in touch with my fans, there I have fast response as well as interaction.

16) Best Twitter or Facebook message or Instagram message you received from a fan or friend or you have read on someone else’s account:
After a new track has been released when they write that they had a great moment when they listened to it at a festival or during a radio show or just whenever they listen. This is what you work for!

17) Best music composition software:
Cubase

18) Best Club Event or Open Air Festival:
Best club event was in South Africa (Truth) We Are Trance for 2017 what an energy that was! Open Air Festival I didn’t have one this year so I will make it an Indoor Festival and it will be ASOT 800 as festival for 2017!

19) Best personal Dj Gig:
I think for now We Are Trance 2017 in Truth South Africa!

20) Best DJ set of the year from other fellow Dj:
I think Armin van Buuren at Dreamstate SoCaL this year that was awesome!


21) Best country that you have played in 2017 and where did you met the best festival/event crowd:
South Africa for both, they both had such an awesome energy !

22) Best Radio show or Artist Vlog?:
A State Of Trance and and Armin’s vlog!





23) Best Radio station:
Di FM

24) Best Online Record shop that you purchase your music:
Beatport

25) Best music related website that you visit frequently:
Flux BPM Online

26) Best Smart phone or smart phone application:
IPhone,  Facebook and Twitter app.

27) Best Dj equipment (software or hardware):
Pioneer CDJ2000 Nexus and DJM2000 Nexus

28) Best new sound or sample that has been used in Electronic Music this year perhaps introduced first by you?
Spire is a nice plugin to use and create unique sounds.

29) Best tip that you learnt this year for your Djing techniques or music composition:
New way of mastering my track.

30) Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career in 2017:
To believe in myself and keep making my own unique sound.

31) Best hobby or activity that you spent a lot of time in 2017:
Music and my family (still don’t have enough time)!

32) Best holiday destination for 2017 either to relax or to perform in a club or festival:
Holiday? What’s that! Next year I need to take some holidays!

33) Best Electronic Music magazines in printed form not online:
Don’t know? Don’t read much of magazines because I don’t have time.

34) Best Movie of the year that may inspire you to compose a track:
At the moment I have composed tracks by experiences I’ve had in the last years and no movies.

35) Best online/PC/video game of the year that you have played this year?
No time for gaming.

36) Best soundtrack for video game of the year:
Star Wars - The Last Jedi

37) Best electronic music related joke you heard this year and make you still laugh:
Hmmm can’t remember one at the moment.

38) The saddest electronic music news you heard this year and still makes u cry:
That Robert Miles died was very sad news to hear and I think is still a big lost for the dance industry.

Dimitri: Finally, please tell our readers your plans with your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, DJ gigs.
Radion6: For 2018 my plans are to have more and bigger gigs than in 2017, more releases on Armind and Armada labels making some nice remixes and looking for some great collabs. I think 2018 will be more creative, more productive and you will hear more about me than in 2017! Starting with ASOT850 :D
Thanks to Beth at Nocturnal Artists for arranging this interview.

Additional info: