03:35:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2017 Interview with H3 aka Hrishikesh Shinde


Your Name: H3 aka Hrishikesh Shinde
Your location(country,city): India

Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2017?
H3: Above & Beyond supported my track 'Black Hole' on ABGT 247 & ABGT 248


Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest personal life achievements in 2017 that make you extremely proud?
H3: I used to be skinny/Average. I gained 8 - 9 Kgs in 2 months i.e. around 19 lbs
1) Best Track from other artists:
Armin Van Buuren 'from the Heart' (2003)



2) Your top 3 2017 personal productions
Black Hole



Hathor



Angel Dust



3) Best Artist (DJ & producer):
There are many for me but to name a few.. Jeremy Olander, Yotto, Luttrell, Eric Prydz.. Some old sets of Armin Van Buuren, Above & Beyond, Paul Van Dyk, I could go on like this for days!






4) Best Remix from other artist:
Cosmic Gate made a remix of 'Fly Away' by Vincent De Moor. Also a latest remix by Darren Porter of 'Take me away'. These have a special place in my heart and my collection.





5) Best Remix that you have produced?
Omair Mirza Feat. Avari - Beautiful Mystery. I remixed it this year.



6) Best Remixer:
Jerome Isma-ae , Guy J... personal best for me.





7) Best New Talent (Dj or producer):
1 person caught my attention, Luttrell. I heard his music recently. I think he has a great career ahead of him.



8) Best Electronic Music Album:
For me, Most of Armin's old Albums, 'A day of independence, by Khen.  Actually a lot of albums coming out these days are quite interesting.





9) Best Electronic Music Compilation:
Universal Religion, Anjunadeep Yearbooks etc..



10) Best artwork/cover of an Album or Compilation:
Never really thought about it, but Armada is / used to make some creative stuff I think.



11) Best Lyrics in an Electronic Music track (it can be your production or from other artists)
 Armin's - 'Yet Another day' hands down for me. Also the track made by Omair Mirza & Avari - Perfect Imperfection, Beautiful Mystery. And most of Above & Beyonds tracks, and many many more.





12) Best Vocalist/Singer featured on Electronic Music track:
Emma Hewitt, Avari, Zoë Johnston, Richard Bedford, Faithless, etc...





13) Best Electronic Music Label:
Anjunadeep, Anjunabeats, Armada, Freegrant Music, UltraViolet Music, Avanti, etc. I think OHM Music label is growing fast.



14) Best Electronic Music Video:
Eric Pryds 'Opus' & 'Stay with me' one of the best I think.



15) Best Online Social media for communication with your fans:
Facebook, Twitter.

16) Best Twitter or Facebook message or Instagram message you received from a fan or friend or you have read on someone else’s account:
One of my fans sent "You have done something extra Extra ordinary"  for my track 'Black Hole'.

17) Best music composition software:
FL Studio, Logic Pro & Abelton for me

18) Best Club Event or Open Air Festival:
Well to name a few : VH1 Supersonic, Abgt 250, Armin Only I think is a festival in itself. Then there are other huge ones like Tomorrowland, UMF, EDC etc.



19) Best personal DJ Gig:
I have had many since I started my career as a DJ. But the couple of them stand out, like the one I played in a club called 'Penthouse' in Pune city. And 1 more that I played in Goa in club called 'Curlies'. I also used to be a resident in a small place called 'Orgia' in Pune City. I had blast there for 2 years in a row!

20) Best DJ set of the year from other fellow DJ:
A set by Yotto this year at ABGT 250 was spot on! The other set that I LOVED was Yotto B2B Luttrell.



21) Best country that you have played in 2017 and where did you met the best festival/event crowd:
I haven't travelled abroad for a gig yet. That leaves 1 country for me, India.

22) Best Radio show or Artist Vlog?:
'Above and Beyond Group Therapy', 'A State of Trance' And 1 that's upcoming is Paul Thomas's UV Radio.



23) Best Radio station:
I don't really listen to radio stations online, but 'Trance FM' & 'AH FM' stands out for me.

24) Best Online Record shop that you purchase your music:
Beatport Forever.

25) Best music related website that you visit frequently:
I generally stick to these few. I visit 'Mixcloud' , 'Soundcloud' , Youtube, Beatport etc.

26) Best Smart phone or smart phone application:
Haha! Many! Any Android or Windows. But I am not against iPhone.

27) Best DJ equipment (software or hardware):
I am pretty comfortable with 'pioneer cdj-1000mk3'.

28) Best new sound or sample that has been used in Electronic Music this year perhaps introduced first by you?
Well the tracks that I make has 30 - 40 % original sounds. but the one that I love the most is I have used the vocals patch sung by Avari, reversed it and put a stutter to it with some delay and reverb.

29) Best tip that you learnt this year for your DJing techniques or music composition:
The best tip that i have got is, even if the track is mediocre, the sounds used should unique and excellent. That way the track sound much better.

30) Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career in 2017:
The best advice I got was 'Have Patience. everything will start to happen for you slowly but surely'.

31) Best hobby or activity that you spent a lot of time in 2017:
If I am not making music, then I am either watching a web series or Gymming or clubbing/Partying.

32) Best holiday destination for 2017 either to relax or to perform in a club or festival:
It's Goa for me. Its one of the most chilled out places i been to this year.

33) Best Electronic Music magazines in printed form not online:
I haven't subscribed to any but I think DJ Mag or Rolling stones for me.

34) Best Movie of the year that may inspire you to compose a track:
I don't know yet. but I have hopes from 'Infinity war'. Its trailer seems amazing.

35) Best online/PC/video game of the year that you have played this year?
GTA V

36) Best soundtrack for video game of the year:
I like a classical music. And most strategy games have the gothic choir and stuff. So I think any Age of empires soundtrack?

37) Best electronic music related joke you heard this year and make you still laugh:
One of my colleague's said, "bigroom music these days has become impolite car-horn music. You can start your own festival at a traffic signal".

38) The saddest electronic music news you heard this year and still makes u cry:
R.I.P Robert Miles.

Dimitri: Finally, please tell our readers your plans with your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, DJ gigs.
H3: I am collaborating with a fellow artist Aneesh Gera. Also I am working on a new EP. Then I have a new remix coming up for AVANTI/Black Hole recordings. These projects are for 2018.

Thanks to Omair Mirza at OHM Music for organising this interview.

Additional info: